Of all the features that could be added to a Sonic the Hedgehog game, we’re guessing you didn’t think custom character creation would be one of them, but that’s exactly what will be included in this holiday season’s Sonic Forces.
In addition to getting to play as both ‘Classic Sonic’ and ‘Modern Sonic,’ Sonic Forces players will be able to create their own original hero by picking from several different animal templates, each of which has its own special trait:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincibility time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Respawns with five rings after being killed
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
Once the player has chosen an animal template, they can then pick what sorts of outfit pieces and accessories their character wears, and even what special abilities and/or gadgets they utilize. You can see a glimpse of the character creation suite in the below trailer.
Sonic Forces doesn’t yet have a specific release date, but it will arrive this holiday season for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.